Page Title
Navigation Bar Placeholder
                              IMMIGRATION SERVICES

Anderson Paralegal Services ("APS") provides document preparation for individuals whom are trying to
obtain there
Visa, Green Card, or Naturalization (to become a U.S. Citizen). If you need assistance
in completing the petition(s), form(s), and any other applicable document(s),

I.   WHAT IS A VISA (and how do I get one)?

According to the U.S. Department of State website, "A citizen of a foreign country who seeks to enter the
United States (U.S.) generally must first obtain a
U.S. Visa, which is placed in the traveler’s passport, a
travel document issued by the traveler’s country of citizenship. Certain international travelers may be
eligible to travel to the U.S. without a visa if they meet the requirements for visa-free travel."

Citizens of most foreign countries
must obtain a visa to enter the U.S. There are two (2) general
classifications of visas: 1)
non immigrant visas for temporary stays, and 2) immigrant visas to live and
work permanently
in the U.S.

Note:   There are several different types of visa's to choose from depending on your situation (and APS
            may be able to determine which one is applicable for you).

According to the USCIS, "an immigrant is someone who is not a U.S. citizen but has been authorized to
permanently live and work in the United States. If you want to become an immigrant, you must go through
a three-step (3) process.

First Step:         The USCIS must approve an immigrant petition for you, which is usually filed by an
employer or a relative for you.

Second Step:    A visa number, through the State Department must be immediately available to you, even  
                           if you are already in the United States. If you receive an immigrant visa number, it means
                           that an immigrant visa has been assigned to you.

Third Step:         If you are already in the United States, you may apply to adjust to permanent resident
                           status after a visa number becomes available for you. (If you are outside the United States
                           when an immigrant visa number becomes available for you, you must then go to your
                           local U.S. consulate to complete your processing.)

U.S. law limits the number of immigrant visa numbers that are available every year. This means that even
if the USCIS approves an immigrant visa petition for you, you may not get an immigrant visa number
immediately. In some cases, several years could pass between the time USCIS approves your immigrant
visa petition and the State Department gives you an immigrant visa number. In addition, U.S. law also
limits the number of immigrant visas available by country. This means you may have to wait longer if you
come from a country with a high demand for U.S. immigrant visas."

Note:   The immigrant petition filing fee(s) varies depending on your situation, please contact APS to
 determine the applicable fee(s).

II.   WHAT IS A GREEN CARD (and the conditions to adjust my status)?

According to the USCIS website, a "Green Card (also known as Lawful Permanent Residence - 'LPR')
gives you
official immigration status in the United States.

An immigrant is a foreign national who has been granted the privilege of living and working permanently
in the United States (
see section up above - What is a Visa).

As indicated above, you must go through a multi-step process to become an immigrant. In most cases,
USCIS must first approve an immigrant petition for you, usually filed by an employer or relative. Then, an
immigrant visa number must be available to you, even if you are already in the United States. After that, if
you are already in the United States,
you may apply to adjust to Permanent Resident Status (Green

Here are the following chooses according to  the USCIS, which you can
apply to adjust your status:

  • Base on an Immigrant Petition;
  • Based on being the spouse or child;
  • Based on admission as the fiance(e) of a U.S. Citizen and subsequent marriage to that citizen;
  • Based on asylum status;
  • Based on refugee status;
  • Based on Cuban citizenship or nationality;
  • Applying to change the date on which your permanent residence began; and
  • Based on continuous residence since before January 1, 1972

Application Filing Fee: $930
Biometric Filing Fee: $80
APS Fee: $399
Total Fee: $1,409

III.   WHAT IS NATURALIZATION (and how to get it)?

Normally, to become a U.S. Citizen, this is achieved in one of two ways, which are as followed:

1)    By birth, either within the territory of the United States or to U.S. Citizen parents,

2)    By Naturalization.

According to the USCIS website, "
Naturalization is the process by which U.S. Citizenship is conferred
upon a foreign citizen or national after he or she
fulfills the requirements established by Congress in the
Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). The general requirements for administrative naturalization include:

  • a period of continuous residence and physical presence in the United States;
  • residence in a particular USCIS District prior to filing;
  • an ability to read, write, and speak English;
  • a knowledge and understanding of U.S. history and government;
  • good moral character;
  • attachment to the principles of the U.S. Constitution; and,
  • favorable disposition toward the United States.

All naturalization applicants must demonstrate good moral character, attachment, and favorable
disposition. The other naturalization requirements may be modified or waived for certain applicants, such
as spouses of U.S. citizens."

Application Filing Fee: $595
Biometric Filing Fee: $80
APS Fee: $299
Total Fee: $974

Note:   Please contact APS to retrieve additional information (including APS fees applicable to any
      of the items referenced above).  

Thank You,
Anderson Paralegal Services, Inc.        
Anderson Paralegal Services, Inc.
"Helping Individuals to  
     Help Themselves"
                                                                                                      © Copyright 2017.
                                                                                         Anderson Paralegal Services, Inc.
                                                                                                      All rights reserved.